Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Wine Barrel Is Home!


Over 4 years ago my husband planned a fun weekend getaway.  He wouldn't tell me where we were going, just that he planned it all out and I would have a great time.  I had so much fun trying to guess. NYC? OBX? Vegas? No, no, no...he told me I would never guess where it was, and he was right!

When he was ready to tell me, he presented me with a binder.  He made it himself (picture of us on the cover and all.)  It was so sweet, and when I began to read about the trip I learned we were going to the Yadkin Valley in NC.  It is North Carolina’s first federally-recognized American Viticultural Area, and we loved it!

One of our favorite vineyards is Shelton Vineyards.  The property is amazing, the wine is great and the restaurant on site is FANTASTIC.  While we were tasting wine and touring the property we learned that you can "Adopt A Barrel".  To learn more about the program you can click HERE.  One of the perks of the program is that you receive a case of wine each year for 4 years, and each year we have gone back to "visit" our barrel and pick up our case of wine.  Here is a picture of our barrel in the cellar:


This year we got to pick up our barrel and bring it home!  I was a little nervous about where we would put it, but it fits quite nicely in our dining room.










































































We have agreed that it was so much fun the first time, we would like to do it again. 

Cheers!
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment