Friday, January 6, 2012

Planning A Trip To Tennessee

I feel very blessed, and constantly in awe of my children.  When I was their age, I wasn't half as bright or mature.  As a reward for achieving straight A's for the entire school year, our kids are able to pick a vacation spot....wherever they want and we all go.

This year our daughter picked...Tennessee. None of us have ever been there, so I had a lot of research to do. I stumbled upon Blackberry Farm, and it looks amazing!  At first I had a bit of sticker shock, until I dug into this fantastic place a little more.  The nightly rate includes meals and gratuities, in addition to being in such a beautiful place.  I am already dreaming about the food and wine experience.  To top it all off Blackberry Farm was awarded Travel + Leisure Magazine's “Number 1 Resort in the Continental U.S. and Canada” for 2011.  Truly impressive.  We plan to indulge in some of the additional equestrian and adventure activities with the kids while we are there.  Can't wait!

Here are a few of the pictures I have perused online:

Photo from Blount Today

Photo from Blackberry Farm
Photo from Blackberry Farm
Photo from Blackberry Farm


 

In addition to visiting the smokey mountains, we plan to visit Nashville and the Grand 'Ol Opry.  I am still trying to decide where to stay in Nashville. I am bouncing between: the Hermitage Hotel, The Renaissance or the Gaylord....any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I can't wait to write about our trip in the spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment